Stadtkloster Segen - We welcome you on the homepage of Stadtkloster Segen.
Stadtkloster Segen is an Intentional Christian Community, located on Schönhauser Allee 161 in the Segen Church, erected 1909 near Berlin’s city centre. The community consists of families, singles and short-term volunteers who live and work together to serve the local community, the city of Berlin and the visitors of the Stadtkloster. Embedded in a vibrant and busy urban life the Stadtkloster aims to provide a place of communion and peaceful silence for its guests, a place to encounter oneself and God. Stadtkloster Segen is a joint project of the Christian Community Don Camillo in Montmirail, Switzerland, and the Protestant Church of Berlin.
We would like to invite you to our weekly services (in German):
- Liturgical prayers: Mondays to Fridays at 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 p.m.
- Evening reflection “AbendbeSINNung”: every Sunday at 9:00 p.m.
- Prayers with songs from Taizé: every Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- Open church: The Segen Church opens its gates for visitors and passersby every Saturday from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. (during summer)
- Children's program “Kinderspiel und Elternzeit”: For children from one to six years: every Monday afternoon from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. We sing together, listen to stories and do arts and crafts. Contact person is Corinne Duerr.
“We want to celebrate with the people, celebrate the church year, an anniversary or even without a particular reason. We are convinced that the gospel expresses itself in joy and this means also in celebrations."
You are interested in ...
... an internship with us? Stadtkloster Segen offers internships.
... staying with us? More information about our guest rooms and room rates here.
... visiting us with your students or confirmation candidates? We have special offers for youth and faith formation groups, for example: building and history, monastery lifestyle, Gregorian liturgical prayers.
... getting regular information and the latest news about the Stadtkloster and our services? Then please register here via our contact form. THANK YOU!
Here you can find an overview of all services of the Stadtkloster:
Guest rooms: In the centre of Berlin, 15 minutes from Alexanderplatz (Subway line U2 to Pankow; station: Senefelderplatz) Sightseeing in Berlin? On a business trip? Looking for a conference facility and an accommodation for foreign participants? The Christian Community Stadtkloster Segen welcomes overnight guests, groups for spiritual retreats or workshops. Conference rooms are available. You are also invited to participate in our liturgical prayers or in our Sunday evening service.
Arrival is possible between 2:00 and 8:00 p.m. The Stadtkloster is under renovation. Construction noise and construction dust may not always be avoided. We try to conduct noisy works during the guest-free times.
Prices include 19% VAT, bedding, towels, breakfast, cleaning and heating costs. Reduced prices for children on request. No pets allowed.
Presentations and workshops: "Living in community", "Engaged in the parish”, "Spirituality in daily life" - these are just some of the topics members of the Stadtkloster community can hold presentations or give workshops on. They can be facilitated in the Stadtkloster but also in any other place that is convenient for you. Please contact us for further information!
Workshops for students and confirmation candidates: The Stadtkloster offers workshops for students and confirmation candidates. If you plan a trip with a youth group to Berlin come by and visit us. Our workshops convey the rich Christian, cultural and political heritage of Berlin. “Building and history”, “Living in Community”, “Gregorian liturgical prayers” are just some of the topics. Please contact us for further information.
Living and working in community: The Stadtkloster offers the – at this point of time still very limited – possibility to live and work in the community for a time. You can come to us as an intern or volunteer, whether for one week, two weeks or even longer. Please contact us for further information.
Movie nights, concerts, theatre: We have regular film screenings in the Stadtkloster!
Meeting others, entertainment and amusement, or just curiosity, there are many reasons to watch a movie at the Stadtkloster.
Have a drink at our small bar before or after the film. We offer soft drinks, beer and wine for a small donation. We open the bar at 7:30 p.m., the movie starts at 8:30 p.m. The admission to the films is free. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the upcoming movies.
What we need
We need your help for the construction of the Stadtkloster Segen. The project shall be a blessing for its visitors and for the local community in Berlin; this is why we need support:
- We are looking for people who would like to share our life and work with us. We offer internship possibilities for people who would like to live and work in our community for a time. Please contact us for further information.
- We conduct alpha courses and faith formation classes. We pray that people will use the opportunity to lear more about God.
- We offer the regular evening reflection “AbendbeSINNung” and we pray that people from the neighbourhood come by and experience our services as a chance to meet God.
The project shall be a blessing for its visitors and for the local community in Berlin; this is why we need financial support.
- The renovation of the Segen Church, the construction of guest rooms and the restoration of the facade is in progress. In addition to public fundings we are in need of private donations. Even financing a single brick will help us.
- In the construction brochure you can find more information about the current construction projects. We rely on your support to realize these projects. You can order it by phone +49 (0) 30 44 03 77 39 or by email: email@example.com.
- We would greatly appreciate if you could help us with a donation or a loan to realize the project.
Bank account details:
KD Bank Dortmund, BLZ: 35060190, Recipient: Don Camillo Stadtkloster e.V.,
Account Number: 333000; IBAN: DE 65350601900000333000
For transfers into Switzerland: Verein Don Camillo e.V., Endorsement: Stadtkloster, C: 40-17946-5
The project shall be a blessing for its visitors and for the local community in Berlin; this is why we need your practical support.
You can come to us as an assistant or volunteer, whether for one week, two weeks or even longer. Besides the work on the building you will have time and receive inspiration for your own spiritual life.
We are looking especially for craftsmen and handymen who offer their support for one or to weeks to finish some more specific tasks. We are currently looking for a carpenter to fit in thresholds and windowsills.